Proposed Health Care Legislation
The purpose of this bill is to allow folks to get health insurance.
- No pre-existing conditions are allowed in any health insurance plan. No ratings will exist based health, age, sex, race or anything else.
- Health insurance can be purchased across state lines.
- Groups of Businesses or Individuals may be formed to purchase large group policies.
All Individuals must have a basic health insurance plan.
- Individuals that qualify for Medicare and Medicaid are deemed to have an insurance plan.
- It is the individual’s responsibility to obtain insurance not any business.
- Medical insurance and costs are deductible on income tax returns including elective procedures.
- Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant will be allowed to practice without the supervision of a physician.
- No caps on insurance payments will be allowed.
- Non-profit insurance trusts may be formed to provide health insurance coverage.
- Since the Department of Agriculture has more employees than farmers, they will be assigned the duty to police the health insurance law within their existing budget.